ViViD - Disbanding

The same day their new single "Thank you for all/from the beginning" hit shelves, ViViD announced on their web site that they will be disbanding, following their April 29th performance at Pacifico Yokohama. In the band's official statement, they apologized to their fans for such news, and thanked them all for supporting them these past six years. Each member then went on to give their own statement, starting with vocalist Shin:

ViViD will disband after our live at Pacifico Yokohama on April 29th. 'Thank you for all' to those who have continued to support us. And, as one life ends with ViViD, I've decided I'm ready to be reborn; 'from the beginning.' As to not leave any regrets behind as Shin from ViViD, the answer was found in 'multiplying' my life. I'm betting my all on this now. Until the moment when the final curtain drops, I will continue to sing for you who have supported us.

 Followed by guitarist RENO:

First, I'd like to express my gratitude to all who've supported us. Thank you all so much for your warm-heartedness. ViViD's last live will be on April 29th, and each of its 5 members will go their separate ways. I feel this live will lead us into the future. While it deeply pains me to think of what the fans feel about this announcement of our dissolution, I will continue playing music until the day I die, even more sincerely than now. I will show my feelings through my guitar playing at the live. I am so very happy to have walked alongside this band for this time. Thank you for supporting us, and kind regards for the future.

Guitarist RYOGA:

I have always felt that ViViD was all about 'aiming for the future' and 'dreams.' Now suddenly the things you've wanted to express and the music have stopped. Through my experience in ViViD, I have a different view of the future. The five of use started to have different feelings on our music and activities as a band, and so things became difficult. We will disband following this next tour. It's truly been a wonderful dream, being able to play music for everyone and have it reach people in places we've never been. To all our fans, our staff, everyone who has supported us, I give you my gratitude. I want to leave no regrets and give my all to the very end as a good band. It's been a warm, richly colored six years for me. Thank you so much for your support.

Bassist Iv:

The six years I've spent in ViViD have been filled with wonderful days. We've been able to take seriously take music head-on. I was able to experience the craziness and severity of life, but above all, I've grown as a person. I had all but given up when I was in school, but music saved my life and gave me the opportunity to pursue the chance to 'live' in a band. I myself wanted to change someone's life through music, to give a voice to those who have none. That is truly what I felt. 'Listening to ViViD cheered me up,' 'ViViD saved me,' that's what I wanted to hear when we started this band. Just that makes me happy to have been in ViViD. Our songs will live forever. I want ViViD to be a band that is loved long after we've disbanded. But we're not over with, yet--there is still so much more that I want to say. I spent a whole day turning the words over in my head, trying to find the right ones, but there's no way I could sum up my exact feelings. I might not ever be able to say it all in front of anyone. That's why I want to give my all to ViViD; words like 'thank you' are so easy to say. But that's not the only thing I want to say, there's just so much more! Unfortunately, I'm awkward with words and have a hard time conveying my feelings... But from today forth, I will try to convey my thoughts, little by little. Hoping for your support up to April 29th. Music can change people. I'll prove it.

And finally, drummer Ko-ki: 

I'm so sorry to bring about this sudden announcement. We decided to disband this past spring. We had all been discussing our activities for the future for quite some time, and these talks led to the decision to disband. It was so painful performing live, knowing we would break up; it felt like we were lying to you all. I'd start remembering things and I'd just start to cry during our shows. Step by step, we've been able to perform the best shows, and show you what ViViD is. We're not disbanding because we've grown to hate each other, or the band itself, or because of something any one person has done. However, through ViViD I have grown and found my way. And to continue on my journey through adulthood, we decided to disband. I understand that this is painful to take in. But, I'll be very happy if you come along with ViViD for the remainder of our time together and make some memories. The best memories I have are the ones from my six years in ViViD. Thank you so very much.

The band embarks on their final tour in February. Tour dates and ticket prices are as follows:

2/22 Shibuya Public Hall
Doors open: 4PM/ starts: 4:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

2/27 Nagano CLUB JUNK BOX
Opens: 6PM/ starts: 6:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/3 Sapporo KRAPS HALL
Opens: 6PM/ starts: 6:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/5 Sendai MACANA
Opens: 6PM/ starts: 6:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/6 Takasaki club FLEEZ
Opens: 6PM/ starts: 6:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/9 Mito LIGHT HOUSE
Opens: 6PM/ starts: 6:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/12 HEAVEN'S ROCK Saitama Shintoshin VJ-3
Opens: 6PM/ starts: 6:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/16 Kanazawa AZ
Opens: 6PM/ starts: 6:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/18 Hiroshima Namiki Junction
Opens: 6PM/ starts: 6:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/21 Hakata DRUM Be-1
Opens: 4:30PM/ starts 5:00
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/23 Kobe VARIT
Opens: 6PM/ starts: 6:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/26 KYOTO MUSE
Opens: 6PM/ starts: 6:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/28 Umeda CLUB QUATTRO
Opens: 5PM/ starts: 5:30
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

3/29 Nagoya CLUB QUATTRO
Opens: 4:30PM/ starts: 5:00
Tickets: 4,800yen (presale); 5,300yen (day-of)

4/29 TOUR FINAL "CROSSING OF THE DREAM"
Pacifico Yokohama Nation Convention Hall
Opens: 4:45PM/ starts: 5:30
Tickets: 5,800yen (presale), 6,300yen (day-of)

Tickets can be ordered through ePlus. Presale has started for their first stop, and tickets for the dates 2/27 to 3/29 will be available for preorder starting February 14th. Tickets for their last live will be available starting March 1st. Fanclub members can order their tickets from January 28th to February 15th.

The band will also embark on a final fan club trip, entitled "MADE IN DREAM WAY TO YOU," on April 18th/19th. The first day will involve a photo shoot with the band, a party, and a special fan club present. A concert will be held on the second day, along with a handshake session.

For more information on this event, check out their fan club site.

Source:VKH

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post